Welcome at beat-kaufmann.com
Hi and welcome here!
You will find free Tutorials for VSL-Products and other helpful things such as Presets for several PlugIns and DAWs.
This can help to increase your abilities in producing music with samples.
Below here, some information about the coming up tutorial...
Have fun, yours
Tutorial "Mixing an Orchestra"
There are hundreds of "Mixing Videos" in the net and you also can find lots of books about this theme. But the tips are often far away from your situation because...
All those tutorials are about mixing drums, vocals or guitar - but never about mixing orchestras played with samples.
This Tutorial is going to mix the Audiotracks of two different orchestras.
The Tutorial will show you "Mixing an Orchestra" 1 : 1 with two examples:
1) J.S. Bach: Cantata BWV 11, final Chorus for a baroque orchestra
2) B. Kaufmann: Hymn, for a symphonic orchestra, choir and band (piano, drums, etc.)
- You will get all the necessary audio tracks.
- The Tutorial shows how to mix with common effects (reverb, EQ, compressors)
- The Tutorial will show every single step (how to start - till the final result).
- The Tutorial tells the theory and the practice.
- The Tutorial gives you images of used effects, audio examples.
- The Tutorial gives you all the knowledge around the used effects.
- The Tutorial will show you "how to optimize your listening situation"
...and much more.
Languages / Sprachen: Deutsch / English
Estimated Release Time/ geplante Veröffentlichung: End of 2015
Soon more information
- New: At VI TIPS & TRICKS 4 Nr. 36 /37 /38
- New: I'm working on a Tutorial "Mixing an Orchestra".
- Tutorial "Music with Samples" removed.
- What makes up a good mix? short tutorial.
- VE-Presets! Get the complete mix of an Orchestra within 4 VEs.
- 12 "Three-Depths-Presets" for HYBRID REVERB of VSL + Bundle
- Combining String Libraries / How to use the Velocity-X-Fader? at VI TIPS & TRICKS 4
- Mastering_Tutorial for CUBASE - but also useful for other DAWs
- Compare 5 Algorithmic Reverbs
- Cubase Orchestra Templates
- INSP:IR Reverb IRs for VSL Convolution Rev. and Hybrid Rev. (Demos)
- Website www.musik-produktion-createc.ch
With "orchestra animation" at You Tube A Swiss Song, Arranged for orchestra, played with samples of VSL.
I used the Hybrid-Reverb for creating the depths.
The Tutorial "VSL" has been written some years ago. Of course, I always updated it. Nevertheless, people of VSL expand the Libraries and also publish new products. So the subject Music Production with Samples is a more complex matter than ever. Think about the professional use of MIR... it would need a tutorial itself.
Unfortunately it is not possible for me to expand the VSL Tutorial for all of these growing new themes. Further: The company offers a lot more videos together with the products nowadays.
I discontinue the updating-process of Tutorial VSL. This takes effect immediately. But: As long as the use of the samples together with the player is the same as it is written in Tutorial VSL it will be available.
Currently it still is a great help specially for beginners - now and in the close future for sure. Nevertheless, I reduced the price from 38EUR down to 25EUR. Hope you can understand my side, thanks!
Updated at 10.10.2015