Welcome at beat-kaufmann.com
Hi and welcome here!
You will find free Tutorials for VSL-Products and other helpful things such as Presets for several PlugIns and DAWs.
This can help to increase your abilities in producing music with samples.
Have fun, yours
- I'm working on a new Tutorial "Mixing an Orchestra".
- Tutorial "Music with Samples" removed.
- What makes up a good mix? short tutorial.
- VE-Presets! Get the complete mix of an Orchestra within 4 VEs.
- 12 "Three-Depths-Presets" for HYBRID REVERB of VSL + Bundle
- Combining String Libraries / How to use the Velocity-X-Fader? at VI TIPS & TRICKS 4
- Mastering_Tutorial for CUBASE - but also useful for other DAWs
- Compare 5 Algorithmic Reverbs
- Cubase Orchestra Templates
- INSP:IR Reverb IRs for VSL Convolution Rev. and Hybrid Rev. (Demos)
- Website www.musik-produktion-createc.ch
With "orchestra animation" at You Tube A Swiss Song, Arranged for orchestra, played with samples of VSL.
I used the Hybrid-Reverb for creating the depths.
The Tutorial "VSL" has been written some years ago. Of course, I always updated it. Nevertheless, people of VSL expands the Libraries and also bring new products. So the subject Music Production with Samples is a more complex matter than ever. Thinking about the professional use of MIR this would need a tutorial for itself.
It is impossible for me to expand the tutorials for all these growing themes so that it is a helpful guide.
I discontinue the updating-process of Tutorial VSL. This takes effect immediately. As long as the use of the samples is the same as it is written in Tutorial VSL it will be still available. So it will be a great help specially for beginners - now and in the close future for sure.
To be more flexible in the future I will offer here "Tutorial-Modules".
The advantage is that you only have to pay for certain themes you are interested in.
I'm currently working on several Effect-Tutorial-Modules:
- Mixing an Orchestra with Panner, EQ, Compressor and Reverb
- Using EQs (Bell-, Shelf-Filter, Cut Filter, 30 Band EQ, Dynamic-EQ,...)
- Using Reverbs (Creating depths, how to get "far" and "close",...)
- Using Compressors (Within Sum Channels, at the output within a single Track,...)
You always will get a bit of theory but then a lot of lessons.
Such a lesson within "Using EQs" could be: "Treat the audio example so that it sounds less muddy".
So you'll get an audio file which you have to treat in a way.
You'll get the solution of course and the audio file with the sound after my personal treatment.
And these tasks which are to be solved are produced with VSL-music-examples (no Rock Guitar or Drums).
The "aim over all" of the coming up tutorial-modules
Learn how to use the most important effects in connection with samples in a practical way. Examples in the close future. The tasks are those which we will find during our work with samples.
Updated at 19.04.2015